The Palace Hotel of Lillafüred was built between 1925 and 1929 next to Lake Hámori and it was designed by Kálmán Lux, in neo-Renaissance style. Lillafüred was named after Béla Vay’s daughter, Erzsébet whose nickname was Lilla. Even before, the area was popular among travellers and hikers. Hotels and restaurants welcomed the visitors and many private villa was built in the holiday resort.
Hotel Palota Lillafüred****